Moo, moo, moo

6.15.2008

Mweee. I just got back from an SCA event with my family. It was much more enjoyable than usual... I must say. Despite my hurt hand, I'm feeling pretty FINE! I made a list of summer things I need to do and lalala...I'm considering changing my persona to an Icelandic or something like that... I'm not sure. I'm going to be researching it though, I want to be a merchant and sell dolls. I've been meaning to do that for a while.

Anyway, that's not that important. I'm looking up different kinds of animals from the subfamily "caprinae" and other relatives to try and find the adorable animals I pass every day on the way to school. I shall make a list here, because I've found some pretty cute animals.



Takin (Budorcas taxicolor)



Musk Ox (Ovibos moschatus)




Japanese Serow (Capricornis crispus)



Himalayan Goral (Naemorhedus goral)



Yak (Bos grunniens/Poephagus grunniens)



Sitatunga (Tragelaphus spekii)



Nyala (Tragelaphus angasii)
Male top, female bottom.



Bongo (Tragelaphus eurycerus eurycerus)




Klipspringer (Oreotragus oreotragus)




Blah, I can't find it... Upsetting. Though, it looks very similar to that photo of the yak...With a bigger head, shorter horns and much softer looking fur, like the musk ox. I'm not sure, maybe it's just a young yak? I'm wondering why people have yaks and musk oxen here. I have no idea. I really wanna know what they are, though, because they're BEYOND cute! I'll try sketching it tomorrow before school lets out...

Anyway. YEAH OMGGG BRENNY JUST SHOWED ME THIS GAME CALLED SPORE: I'm trying the trial right now. It's. SOO. CUTE. I just tried making a monster, check him out!



Here are my second tries:




WAH SO CUTE!! I like making two legged creatures. I'll mess with it more when it comes out, I'm pretty excited! But look, I made my demon character, Ploo! The pink one on the right, there. Isn't she the cutest thing? I'll probably be able to make something closer to her when the real game comes out.

1 comments:

Katie Brakora said...

Hm, if it's vaguely cow-like, you might also look into bison and wildebeest, but domestic cattle breeds are so diverse. I don't know where you live, but if it snows a lot, then bison, cattle, yaks, sheep, goats and their close relatives are your best bet. Assuming it's got horns and not antlers - cuz that would change everything. Check out ultimateungulate -dot- com -slash- cetartiodactyla -slash- ruminantia -dot- html. Most species have pics available.