Platonic love?

4.11.2008

Okay. I want someone to explain it to me. What is this, seriously?

I drew this picture a day ago. I was inspired by the song, "Anyone Else But You" as sung by the Moldy Peaches. Wonderful song. But today I began to wonder...Why does it apply to these three different people? Not simply my best friends, but these three in specific? Sure they are the three people in my life I obsess over-- but... ... Why does this song apply?
I've realized recently that I can get the same happiness that I did in my serious four year relationship with these three people as my close friends, or at least something very very very close to it. With this, it has a better outcome and it is without the weird dominating "us" mentality, but a "we" mentality, something more loose and happy with the ability to think for yourself as well as others. So, most people would probably assume from that picture up there plus the song lyrics posted below it on my Deviant Art page that I'm somewhat romantically inclined to these people, or that I "like-them like-them"- whatever. It's more than that, I think. It's not love like that. The way I see it is that those are three people I am just that attatched to, that I can even see a song about love applying without actually feeling overly romantically or sexually inclined, but still that close. 'Cause those are the three people I like to hold hands with, sleep in the same room with, make food for, draw for, take care of, worry about, get dressed up with, cuddle with on the couch and watch movies with- the people I get fluttery happy feelings from when I'm with them like I do with crushes, but I know for certain I am not sexually attracted to them (for the most part). And also, the people I can say, "I love you", to being able to mean it, not feel awkward about it, and feel good about saying it, because I care about them that much. I think its also the ability for it to BECOME a romantic relationship without the odd pressure or need of it becoming one to feel love for the or be loved by them.
So- is this platonic love?

1 comments:

Atticus Waller said...

YES.

And it is one of my greatest passions. That is a perfect description of Platonic love, down to the last bit. Or atleast, my definition of it.