Field trip

4.11.2008

I went to the zoo. It was nice, but I still miss people. A lot... Lalala.
I woke up early, and I talked to myself for an hour. And then I took a shower, and did my hair, and lalalalaa all those good girly things that nobody cares about. Anyway, here're some wonderful photos.


Our first stop was basically the petting zoo or whatever... The sign said temperate rainforest. I don't know. I just thought it was hilarious that they had cows, sheep, rabbits, chickens and other farm animals in there. I mean, heck, I see those damn near every day. Then again, I guess most people like...in Seattle and stuff never get to see those kinds of things huh? But then! I saw the sign for the red pandas. I got excited. Red pandas are one of my favourite animals. Actually, I think they are my favourite. Not sure yet.

We looked for a long time, going through the bug exhibits and lots of things I didn't quite enjoy due to too many people pushing, BUT--- FINALLY ---

... Dangit. Depressing.


...So I took a photo of their sign. Jerks. I swear, the pandas and half of the rest of the zoo was down due to construction. They should have given us a discount or something. I look to the left and WHAM----!!!!!


What IS that?


Oh, a Japanese Serow. What the heck? I've never heard of them before- but I really wanted to ride it. AND OH MY GOSH LOOK AT ITS SCIENTIFIC NAME. CAPRICORNIS CRISPUS. THAT MAKES ME WANT TO EAT IT. MMMMMMMMM. Delicious. CRISPUS.


We ate lunch. Ducks, squirrels, crows EVERYWHERE. It was kindof fun despite the kids chasing them around. We ate cookies and trail mix and peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.


While we ate lunch, we were paying so much attention to the ducks huddling around our table that we didn't notice til halfway through that we were eating next to a ton of giraffes just across the fence. I didn't get any good photos but I thought this one was cool in its own way.


This guy was dang threatening. Tons of people were huddled around him and he was shaking his tailfeathers. Some kid threw a stick at him, I felt really bad and angry...But I just hoped the peacock would kick the kid in the face or something. Didn't happen, but I still wished...Here's another photo of this gorgeous bird.


Gosh. :] I wish I were that pretty, sometimes.


And then my brother turned into a turtle. Dang. D; We were unlucky today. We left shortly, leaving the turtle mutant behind. He now wanders Seattle in search of love.



Bye bye Zoo, bye bye Seattle, bye bye baby. See you next time. :]

That was my day.
How was yours?

0 comments: