Snow in Spring

4.18.2008

It's spring. I always thought of spring as something that was disgustingly happy, maybe a little drippy and wet, but warm and fuzzy with blossoms and good feelings. I had always told Arthur that I always wanted to see snow in spring, on the cherry blossoms. I thought that it wasn't possible, because I had never seen or heard of it before and I always wanted to experience it because it sounded so...beautiful. You know? It never happened, even when I wished for it and told him I wanted it. I eventually forgot about it and I never talked about it with him again.
This was the very first year I ever experienced it. And it's only happened when Atti was around, or when I was thinking of him most. When he came up to see me, it was such a strange day, I expected so much but ended up with something much different than I thought I'd get from it... but it happened for the first time. I didn't believe it, but he said it was normal. And then today... Today I thought about him so much. I don't want to sound weird, but I was really worried about his well-being, and about Bunny, and I couldn't stop thinking about the two all day. It was a weird day- like I said I thought about them all day, but it was gorgeous outside- sunny and warm and how I'd usually imagine spring, but it suddenly started hailing. Then snowing, and it hasn't stopped since. We've got around... five inches at my house. My yard, my trees, my flowers, my bike, my car, everything covered in a thick blanket of snow. The only colours peeking out were the light pink cherry blossoms against the powdery white. It is so beautiful to me. So I sat where I talked to Atti last night and watched it and our cherry blossoms and thought about everything... I don't know... Maybe it's silly but it really means something to me. In fact, it means a lot...
I was going to talk about the movies I watched today, Juno and Lars and the Real Girl; but that doesn't matter as much as what I said, so all I'm going to say is I liked both of them a lot, but Lars and the Real Girl was probably one of the most beautiful movies I've ever watched.

0 comments: